Saturday, June 25

So I just read a few books.

I hate it when a book has a misleading cover. I know the whole saying of "never judge a book by it's cover" but that's alright, I don't think whoever said it wants us to take it from it's literal meaning anyway. So anyway, the cover of "The Romeo and Juliet Code" looks like a fun meaningless teenage romance kind of stuff. But the truth is, it's a very depressing story. I mean, the whole setting is during the war in Britain in the year 1941. I mean, there's a part of the story that has the characters under the stairwell in their home to protect themselves while the house next to theirs is being bombed. See? Plus, it's told from a high-and-mighty British 11-year-old point of view. Who always goes : "British girls must always.." "British girls must never.." Thank god I just borrowed this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment